Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Two-month spending ban & pre-ban purchases


I can't believe I'm doing this, but I am actually going on a spending ban. That means no new nail polishes, no MAC Baking Beauties collection, and no pretty blushers for me for 2 months.

But it will all end on the 5th July, which will be a few weeks before the exciting London bbloggers meet up. It also helps matters that I am doing the ban with three lovely, supportive bloggers who are as addicted to all things make-up as much as I am.

Joining me will be:
Sasha from Ramblings of a Beauty Bird
Poppy from Let's Drive Far Away
Rachel from Beauty Queen UK

And part of the reason I'll be doing this ban is because I have so many products to test and review. This includes all of the gorgeous bits and bobs pictured above, which I've written more about below.

MAKE-UP





First up we have the make-up purchases, which I got from House of Fraser (in the sale!), Escentual (not in the sale...) and Space.NK (definitely not in the sale...).

On the left is the truly gorgeous NARS & Pierre Hardy tangerine and gold blusher in Boys Don't Cry (£30). Then sitting next to that is everyone's high-end go-to bronzer Laguna by NARS (£23.40), which I have used a few times now and can confirm it is really lovely to apply and gives a natural, golden glow to my face.

Below that is my first NARS Thakoon nail lacquer in Ratin Jot (£12.60), which is such a pretty pink. I couldn't resist investing in that one!

And finally I bought the Guerlain refillable Noir mascara (£32.40) because I just love Guerlain make-up and skin care.

SKIN CARE


Then we have my favourite type of products - skin care - which I bought from Escentual, Dermacare Direct and House of Fraser.

On the left is Effaclar H by La Roche-Posay (£8.05), which is a fab hydrating moisturiser. I got a few samples of this after having my laser and chemical peel procedure done last month and fell in love with it. However, Boots weirdly doesn't stock it! But I got my fix from the trusty Escentual.

Then in the middle is a repurchase of the SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleansing Gel (£32), which I absolutely love. I've never been so pleased with a cleanser and this one works its magic every day, especially with the VisaPure electronic cleansing brush. I think I've really converted to gel cleansers now - they feel lovely on the skin and I always finish up refreshed and clean.

Finally in the skin care bunch we have the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask (£18), which smells incredible!

FRAGRANCE


Finally we have the stunning fragrance Le Petite Robe Noire from Guerlain (£37.80), which I also got from the sale at House of Fraser. I fell in love with this immediately when I got a sample with my first purchase at a Guerlain counter - it's just such a classic 'smell me now' fragrance. I've only worn it twice so far and I'm seriously addicted.

What do you think of my pre-ban purchases? xxx

14 comments :

  1. Wow great pre-ban haul hun xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks lovely! Think I went a bit crazy but all the products are amazing x

      Delete
  2. fab haul! That should help keep you going through your spending ban :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Got enough blusher for 100 of us haha thanks hun x

      Delete
  3. Great haul and fantastic products! I LOVE the look of the Nars blush, it's beautiful!! Good luck with the spending ban, personally i could never do it, I'm a beauty junkie/addict and Rehab is the only place for me!! Lol ;)
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet - the NARS blusher is to die for. My bank balance needs it and my sanity haha. I'll see you in rehab x

      Delete
  4. I know you think this is mental but you CAN do it! Stay strong - its one of the BEST things I have ever done and even though its ended now I think about my beauty spending differently now. I am not as eager to buy things just "for the sake of it" - I hope this feeling will stay with me for the long term.

    Good luck babes xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks lovely you are the best. I can see why it was a great thing to do and I really need to take a step back and look at my spending! xxx

      Delete
  5. Ooh nice pre-ban haul! Good luck my love, we can do it!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat a lovely haul , love everything u bought :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great haul! I've got my eye on Laguna! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! It's well worth it. Looks quite dark but when you put it on your face it blends in so nicely x

      Delete

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...