Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review: Guerlain Super Aqua-Serum

Forget the superwoman pill - why not opt for something that does what it says on the tin?

xxxx

I must confess, I only stumbled upon this product by chance during my make-up consultation at the Guerlain counter. I was pleasantly surprised when the advisor prepped my skin with Super Aqua-Serum and Happylogy Day Cream, leaving me with a clean, soft and silky canvas to work with.

My first impression of the Super Aqua-Serum was that it was very hydrating and light to the touch. In terms of appearance, the serum is white and creamy, with a slight shimmer to it. The packaging is midnight blue with hints of gold, which I liked a lot.

As with any high-end skin product, you only need to use a small amount per application (which is a comforting thought given that it costs £65.50 for 30ml and a staggering £90 for 50ml). However, a good thing to know about these products is that they only do their magic when applied with light fingertip strokes; this is because it needs to be buffed into the skin gradually, which I hadn't thought of before.

Although the serum did smell amazing, those with sensitive skin might see the added fragrance as a downfall, but as a high-quality skin care formulation, I would definitely recommend it. I found that it was easily absorbed and didn't leave a greasy finish on the skin.

Super Aqua-Serum does have anti-ageing properties, I was told this particular product was good for skin just starting to show signs of ageing, and so it would be good for my skin to delay any further fine lines and promote 'anti-wrinkle hydration'. If I was to buy this product, I would definitely want it for the hydrating properties, and not so much the anti-ageing benefits, but every little helps.

Have you tried any skin care from Guerlain? Let me know what you think below!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...