Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pay day = pretty things

There comes a time when a girl has to step out of the blogosphere and explore the big wide world of beauty counters. Yep, pay day has arrived, and I couldn't wait to share my new things with you. I am also waiting for some other products to be delivered, so watch out for those throughout the week.

The first stop on my list was Debenhams' beauty hall. I had a quick look around and debated going to the Chanel, Dior and Clinique counters, but that all changed when I fixed my eyes on Guerlain's display and saw the new Meteorites Perles. I must confess, I had never tried products from this brand before, but being a lover of all things beautiful, I love trying what's new, and so made my way over to the advisor and had my entire face made over.

xxxx

Purchase number one at Guerlain was the new Maxi Lash Mascara (£22), which focuses on creating volume and curls. I loved the gold packaging and the length of the brush. Each application works wonders to brighten the eyes and lovely curls can be seen on the top and bottom lashes. Will see how I get on with this one and report back!

xxxx

Of course, I couldn't just buy one thing. Everyone who has been following my blog knows I have been on the hunt for a new foundation. Well, let me tell you, it was love at first sight when I tried Parure de Lumiere Cream Foundation (£38.50 for 30ml) in 02 Beige Claire. I loved that it was made for extra comfort. Originally, I thought the fluid version would be better, as it promised more coverage - however, on my skin, it looked too thin and dry for me. I just LOVE this foundation.

xxxx

xxx

My next stop was Boots, where I rushed over to grab the new Rimmel London Apocalips (£5.99 for 5 ml). I just love colour of the Apocoliptic one. It reminds me of the height of spring and it would be amazing to have matching nails and blush with this. I just had to have one!

photo 5

My final purchase was an unexpected one, as I bought it after having a biosculpture gel manicure at my local beauty salon Utopia. After my manicure, the therapist used OPI's Avojuice Skin Quencher in Ginger Lily to massage and moisturise my hands, and I just loved the smell and feel of it, so bought one in Cran & Berry to take home with me. I would definitely recommend this gorgeous hand cream for anyone who loves fruity fragrances. You can get the Ginger Lily one at Lena White for a reduced price of £7 here.

xxxx

So that's it for now, but I have plenty of new bits coming this week, along with reviews of some new samples I will be getting, so watch this space!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...