Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Once Upon A Bathtime: Big Blue Bomb, Lush

photo

I have an unhealthy confession to make to you all - I love salt. I love it on my chips and I love salted caramel hot chocolates, but most importantly I adore sea salt-based beauty products, so I just had to use Lush's Big Blue bath bomb for my next Once Upon A Bathtime post (see my previous review of The Enchanter).

photo[4]

Just one glimpse inside the packaging reminded me why I was so drawn to it in the first place - the blue and white shades reminded me of the sea and it smelt so good. The fact that it has lavender and lemon oils in it was a bonus - I love both of those ingredients. It also helped that the sales advisor gave it to me for free, as it was her favourite one. FREE + BATHILICIOUS - what could be better?!

photo[1]

All things blue and beautiful was the theme of my bathtime experience, and so I made good use of two other Lush faves - Ocean Salt (facial scrub) and Rub Rub Rub (shower scrub). I had immersed myself in a room that even mermaids would be proud of!

photo[3]

The Big Blue instantly transformed the water into my very own clear blue ocean. I thought of the people who had been jetting off to tropical islands this winter and smiled, thinking 'take that, bitches, I've made my own holiday experience for less than £5, in the comfort of my own home'. It was a temporary antidote to my major envy.

photo[2]

Looks like a postcard, right?

And my love affair with all things royal and cobalt didn't stop after my bath - I carried on the party for one by lighting my all-time favourite candle - Lily-Flame Silent Night. Needless to say, I slept well.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...